Ruby Backend Engineer (M/F) // Priori Data GmbH
In collaboration with our data and development teams you will be playing a key role in maintaining and further developing our Big Data infrastructure pipeline to help deliver the best quality data solutions to our customers.
Priori Data – App Store Intelligence for the 99%.
At Priori, we unify disparate data sources to deliver proprietary insights into the mobile economy. These insights are leveraged through our web platform and APIs by developers, publishers, service providers, and financial industry clients to make better decisions in the fast moving industry of apps and games. Our analytics platform is easy to use, provides actionable data, and is affordable to pretty much everyone.
In our beautiful office in the center of Berlin, we work hard to continue to achieve our goals in accordance with our values:
- We promote creativity in technical decision-making and the opportunity for every team member to take ownership
- We rely on collaborative, self-organizing teams and lean software development processes
- We’re a cool, goofy and eclectic bunch
If you think this sounds like a good fit for you, keep on reading!
- You will be taking an active part in developing new and improving existing features at the core of our infrastructure. Working on projects to help improve the scalability and stability of current processes. Developing data pipeline monitoring tools and implementing new infrastructure components to support our product development team.
- You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- You will be working on challenging and unique solutions involving hundreds of Terabytes of data using the latest technologies in the Big Data field within our flexible and fast-paced work environment.
- You will be working with our small but very capable, talented and friendly development and data teams that will help you excel in your position and gladly help all the steps of the way.
Skills & Requirements
- You have 3+ years of experience developing Ruby applications.
- You have worked with and have a good understanding of platform/infrastructure as well as service technologies such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
- You are passionate about clean code and applying best practices to problem solving.
- You have experience in writing automated tests, e.g. Acceptance, Functional, Unit tests.
- You are willing to work on-site at our Berlin office.
- You feel very comfortable using the English language.
- Experience with Big Data and/or any of the following technologies will be considered a big plus – Python, BigQuery, Elasticsearch, Sidekiq, Datadog.
- You are a team player and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and jumping in to help others on your team.
Main technologies we are working with
- Languages/Frameworks – Ruby, Python, Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq PRO, Celery
- Storage – BigQuery, Elasticsearch, Redis, MySQL, Google Cloud Storage
- Cloud – Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine, Stack Driver, Cloud SQL, Pub/Sub), Cloud66
- Modern Agile development with Github, Slack, Trello, Travis CI.
- Deployment/Monitoring/Metrics – Capistrano, Packer, New Relic, Datadog, Papertrail
- Freedom of technical decision-making
- Flexible vacation policy
- Competitive Salary
- Cool new office in lively district Berlin-Mitte, epicenter of startup activity
- A young and easy-going international team with diverse professional backgrounds and flat hierarchy
We look forward to receiving your complete application including your salary expectations, in addition to your earliest possible starting date, via email to email@example.com. If available, please provide a link to any additional online resources like a GitHub and/or Stack Overflow profile.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →