Ruby on Rails / Backend Software Developer (f/m) // Mobisol GmbH
Mobisol is one of the world’s leading companies for Solar Home Systems with approximately 700 passionate employees, delivering a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households (living without access to reliable energy). Our dedicated product line combines solar energy with innovative mobile technology and accessible microfinancing. Having successfully installed more than 65,000 solar home systems in Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenia, Mobisol is now moving into the business at a larger scale – thereby stimulating economic and social development in developing countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection. Our commitment to quality, product innovation, and sustainable development makes us a highly inspiring community to work with.
To support our international growth we are looking for a
Ruby on Rails / Backend Software Developer (f/m)
As Backend Software Developer you are developing and improving the core of the Mobisol’s business software platform. All information flows between customers, solar systems, partners and our employees in Berlin and East Africa are managed and shaped by various web and mobile applications.
It will be your task within a team of experienced and self-driven developers to put your fingerprint on the platform that drives Mobisol to deliver the best service and products to our rural customers in East Africa.
Together with our international Software Development Team you:
- push our product further – develop new features together with stakeholders across all Mobisol departments and sites
- upgrade our existing software – re-design and refactor existing software infrastructure to meet new business or performance requirements
- be a key player in our team – take an active part in the development team's processes
- holding the strings together – implement interfaces with external and mobile software infrastructure
- You have the passion for discovering, evaluating and implementing new technical solutions for Mobisol´s vision to plug in the world!
- You have an in-depth understanding of high level software mechanisms, and best practices
- You have a clear understanding of software architecture and design of web applications especially backend, frontend experience is a plus
- You are experienced with Ruby On Rails and how to deal with it’s limitations
- You prefer to work with the *nix based operating systems
- You are experienced with agile software development team processes
- You love to learn from your new colleagues and share your knowledge with them
- You already gained intercultural competence, ideally with work experience abroad
- Professional level of English, German or Swahili language skills are considered as an asset
- Doing something meaningful – you´ll be part of an enterprise that brings real positive impact to ordinary people in East Africa
- Personal development – beside new experiences of developing in an international context with new technologies, we support you with possibilities for participation in Hackathons, developer conferences and classical trainings
- Benefit package – including company sponsored insurances, company sports, car-sharing arrangement etc.
- Be part of a great team of people – who combine professional expertise with individual passion
- Flat hierarchies and unusual ways to do things – your ideas and experiences are more than welcome
Important for us are your skills and your motivation, rather than certificates or university degrees. To let us know if you interested in working for Mobisol, email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Ruby on Rails / Backend Software Developer (f/m)”.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Skalitzer Str. 85-86
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →