Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f) in Berlin // SlideSync
We recently launched our new live streaming product SlideSync. Join our Berlin team to help us grow!
As part of our engineering team, you conceive and realize new features, help operate our production platform on AWS (Chef/OpsWorks) and help maintain the test suite (RSpec/Cucumber).
Here’s what we are looking for in a candidate:
- You have solid experience in web application frameworks, preferably Ruby on Rails
- You know your way around Linux servers (e.g. know how to tweak nginx), ideally DevOps / Amazon Web Services experiences
- Frontend skills are a plus (jQuery / Bootstrap)
- You’re a good communicator for both internal and client concerns
- You have an eye for security aspects
- Our working language is English, but you should have basic German skills and/or be eager to improve them
MediaEvent services puts live events on the web since 1999. Renowned brands like Lufthansa, Deutsche Bahn, Deutsche Bundesbank and Hugo Boss trust us with their critical live video communication.
Our technology stack
- We use a diverse set of current and upcoming technologies — this means you’ll learn a lot in many areas:
- We develop in Rails 5, Sass/SCSS, Bootstrap and work with SQL/NoSQL databases as well as custom and off-the-shelf video streaming infrastructure.
- We test with RSpec, Cucumber and Jenkins.
- We host on AWS OpsWorks with nginx/Passenger and are official AWS partners. We help you attain AWS certifications.
How we work
Everybody’s contributions are honored and we entrust you with responsibilities from day one. Many challenges – small and large – are yours to take.
We deliver continuously, synchronize often (standups, code review) and integrate our customers and the whole team into the development process. We are tool agnostic and leave it up to you to choose the best framework/library/editor for the job.
Our working language is English but we are happy to help you learn German. Our staff is permanent and works 4 to 5 days a week. Overtime is kept to a minimum.
We’re most productive in the office — this also helps with code review and learning.
We are a bunch of experienced, down-to-earth IT and video people. You can have beers with us.
- Positions available for 4-day weeks, fulltime and students
- Starting date: 03/2017 – 04/2017
- We are happy to hear from both EU and non-EU based applicants.
- No recruiting agencies, please!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →