Scala IoT Developer (m/f) // relayr
We are looking to recruit a diverse group to be able to best handle the diverse problems in the emerging market of Internet of Things.
As a Scala IoT Developer you would be able to design and implement new features for our platform (Scala, REST Services, Akka, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.), build data streaming / analytics infrastructure (i.e. on Apache Flink) and work on scalability / performance problems. You will join our backend team in Berlin.
- Design, develop and maintain a wide range of Scala microservices for our growing IoT platform
- Add value with every iteration to help us move quickly
- Take initiatives on new technologies, ideas and approaches
- Help mould our leading-edge stack and processes
- Bring creative engineering solutions to a challenging distributed system
- Help to design a universal and usable API for IoT
- Collaborate with colleagues in a fluid, cross-functional team environment
- Minimum 2+ years experience on challenging server-side projects, ideally on JVM platform.
- Expertise in building REST APIs, distributed systems. (eg: Swagger, Akka HTTP, Kafka)
- Ideally some exposure to data related frameworks and tools. (eg: Spark, Flink)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases. (eg: PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- Comfortable working with linux systems and DevOps. (eg: Docker, Jenkins, AWS)
- Able to work in a structured, agile, test oriented manner.
- Flexible office environment
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world, speaking 20+ languages, of all ages and parental-status
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- A learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, as well as knowledge-sharing and an expanding library of books
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- Cool office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, 3D printer and free fruit and drinks
- Free German courses at intermediate and advanced level (Working language is English)
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
Sounds interesting? Please follow the link to apply for this position: https://relayr.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=38