Scala Java Backend Team Lead // bonify
We democratize finance & credit scoring in Europe. Wanna turn bonify into a better tech company? Join our team in Berlin as Scala Java Backend Team Lead.
bonify – a Berlin based FinTech Startup enables customers to benefit from their credit scoring and financial data. We give customers free & easy access to their credit score and let them upload additional relevant data. Then we offer tools and personalized recommendations to help optimize our customer’s financial situation.
Founded in 2015 by key executives of McKinsey and Zalando, bonify has received significant funding from international leading VCs, e.g., Mosaic Ventures and Ribbit Capital, and successful entrepreneurs, e.g., Zalando founders and Raisin founders.
These will be your tasks:
- Functional and technical leadership of the superstars team consisting from several backend engineers
- Own and lead microservices architecture development contributing to our scalable FinTech platform using Scala(play framework and Vert.x) and Java (spring Boot)
- Actively participate in planning, creating, and running our line of backend products and services
- Own key elements of our system and lead new features development and integrations
- You lead by example and constantly mentor other tech team members and contribute to the overall culture of our amazing team
- Contributing to the processes of architectural scaling, improving technical resilience of our services and support backend technical decisions
- Following the latest technological trends, constantly innovate by working with cutting edge technologies and apply them in our products
- Contribute to our agile environment with new innovative ideas
- You work directly with CTO
- You leverage your network to recruit top tech talents
You’re offering these qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in leading backend team in Scala or Java including people and technology management
- At least 2 years of development experience in Scala play framework or/and Vert.x
- At least 2 years of development experience in Java preferably Spring Boot
- Solid Experience with microservices architecture, techniques for scaling the products
- Experience with PostgeSQL, MongoDB and message buses like RabbitMQ, SQS
- Experience with various testing tools, libraries and methodologies
- Hands-on mentality and always strive to find the best solution as quickly as possible
- Strong customer focus, well organized and always think one step ahead with our customer in mind
- Self-motivated individual with excellent problemsolving skills
- Experience working closely with other teams in agile environment
- Experience with building services processing large amount of structured and unstructured data is an advantage
- An understanding of technology in the financial services or related finance apps is a big plus
- You have great communication skills, with high level in English language; German language nice to have
We’re offering these benefits:
- Shape the future organization as a part of the Interdisciplinary and international founding team
- Take responsibility from day one
- Enjoy a variety of coaching and training
- Work in a thrilling and flexible agile startup environment
- Enjoy a workplace in the heart of Berlin with drinks, fresh fruit, kicker, ping pong, German classes…
Please send us your application including a copy of your CV and earliest start date.
Share this job with that special someone!