Security Engineer // Contentful
Contentful powers digital experiences for major brands around the globe. Its content infrastructure provides developers a powerful set of APIs to manage, integrate, and deliver content to any device or service — be it mobile apps, IoT devices in the home, SaaS products, Super Bowl campaigns, smart car dashboards, digital signage, VR and AR experiences, or the next big platform yet to come. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Petsmart, Specialized, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for this next generation of tools is in the numbers: the company continues to double revenue year over year, and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, and Point Nine.
We’re a fun team of over 130 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Contentful strives to build a secure and safe service and commits considerable effort and resources on security.
The goal of the Security team is to provide guidance and support to the Product teams and enable them to build a reliable and secure product. We follow a holistic approach to guarantee the safety, availability, and integrity of our customers’ data.
- Develop security tools to improve our infrastructure and development pipeline
- Improve existing security features in our applications, including improvement of our security monitoring and threat detection tooling in our microservices architecture
- Support Product and Engineering teams and ensure that all new applications and features have security built in from the beginning on
- Work with skilled engineers to identify risks, put measures in place to avoid them and ensure that our security standards are met
- Continually refine and improve our security standards, and train our employees on all security measures
- Help manage our bug bounty program and coordinate verification and fixing of the reported findings
- Support the Sales team to answer any security related questions from customers, consequently helping to build trust
- You have already worked with a modern cloud infrastructure and are looking for a challenge within a company that considers security as a combined and ongoing effort based on a data-driven culture
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the field of application and system security
- You have a background in Linux
- Professional experience with web services, REST, micro service architectures and container infrastructure
- Good understanding of the OWASP Top 10
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written (German is not required but is considered a plus).
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience running a responsible vulnerability disclosure program or reporting vulnerabilities to companies.
- Experience in ensuring security and privacy on the Internet
- Familiar with AWS and the security mechanisms provided
- Shape the future of the Contentful product’s security
- Create and deploy security tooling, and support the teams to build secure applications
- Work strategically and reactively – it never gets boring
- Provide enterprise-grade security to global customers
- Enjoy the freedom and ownership of your work, and measure your success
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team’s processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We’ll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!