Senior Android Developer // Feingold Technologies
Sharecare’s Innovation Technology & Products Center in Berlin is a production grade R&D organization. We develop the future of behavioral analysis technologies and health-related systems for the purpose of creating a world-class intelligent healthcare platform that anyone can use.
Some of our award winning developments include technologies for detecting stress and emotions from voice and text. Our customers use these technologies to understand their relationships with their social circles and how these relationships affect their well-being, which in turn helps us to understand the collective health of large populations. We are currently enriching these technologies with the latest in machine learning, sensors and medical research.
We are ambitious and proactive. And for us it’s not just about technology. It’s about creativity and craft.
We are an organically grown collective, friends of friends of friends, and most have a secondary discipline – namely, music – that we take very seriously.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Program mobile applications for the Android platform 4.1 and above
- Implement mobile client applications for Sharecare and partner companies
- Implement client application infrastructure and SDK components
- Create technical documentation of solutions when required
- Debug, profile and optimize code
- Write unit tests
- Extreme programming with scrum methodologies
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs, such as Google and others
- Deployment to Google Play store.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience developing native Android apps
- Fluent in English
- Eligibility to work in Germany would be advantageous.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience building Android applications (alone or in a team) that have been released on Google Play
- Strong familiarity with the Google Play Store and the app submission process
- Thorough knowledge of Java, Android SDK and Android NDK
- Experience with Kotlin would be a great advantage, since we are using Kotlin as our main project language
- Excellent skills in Git
- Good knowledge of UI/UX patterns and Material Design components and approaches
- Experience in Client-server architecture and web paradigm
- Experience with the reactive functional programming paradigm RxJava
- Knowledge of Android architecture approaches (Offline, Synchronization, MVP, MVVM, Clean Architecture etc.)
- Testing experience: Unit testing (JUnit) and UI testing (Espresso)
- Knowledge of Server-side development, iOS development, and dependency injection experience (Dagger 2) would also be advantageous.
What we can offer you
- Be part of a dynamic, international and talented team
- The opportunity to get deeply involved in the research and development of our products
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, cross-team collaborations and short and open channels of communication
- The chance to learn and grow with regular in-office tech training sessions and participation in conferences
- A generous perks and benefits program for all employees.