Backend Developer (Ruby) – Affiliate Commerce (f/m) // Highsnobiety
As a Ruby Developer in our Affiliate Commerce team, your goal is to continuously gather data of products from the industry to ensure we continue to create a best in class affiliate commerce experience for our readers. This is done by integrating a wide range of data sources (e.g. crawling, product feeds), building scalable and performant services for processing a high quantity of events and modeling API’s for our Media tech team to feature the data in our storytelling easily.
How we work:
Our Highsnobiety Tech/Product organization consists of 4 interdisciplinary and self-organized teams with a total of 30 dedicated employees. Scrum and KanBan are our methods of choice for a transparent and open product management. Every team is continuously delivering software and is closely collaborating with their stakeholders. We organize regular product demos to share our progress, and Hack days to innovate our products. For a transparent and well balanced work culture, the entire department shares their feedback with each other in a monthly retrospective to celebrate successes and to improve methods.
We serve both internal and external users and believe in high standards when building our products. To ensure quality, we apply code reviews, extreme programming methods and test coverage tracking. Also, we follow a “you build it – you run it” approach and deploy our services on Google Cloud Platform using Docker and Kubernetes.
As technology moves fast, it’s key for us to invest in our employees’ growth. We provide access to the best learning platforms, do pair programming and sponsor conference visits. Tech workshops and internal knowledge sharing sessions are facilitated regularly.
- Shape the backend architecture for our Affiliate Commerce project
- Bring a new dimension to our shopping content by building a data layer of retailer product information
- Build scalable pipelines (currently processing 3 million of items per day)
- Develop algorithms to reconcile product data from various sources for price comparison
- Shape our new microservices architecture and future backend road-map
- Mentor and train other backend developers
- At least 3 years professional experience as a backend developer, with an advanced knowledge of functional-object-oriented programming patterns
- Highly experienced with Ruby, relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with building and running large-scale applications using a microservices architecture
- Very good communication skills with high English proficiency
- Understanding of Test-Driven Development
- Experience in these are a plus: JRuby, Python, NodeJS, Elixir, Kafka, ETL, Google Cloud Project, Kubernetes/Docker and DevOps
What we offer:
- The unique entrepreneurial opportunity to pro-actively shape a company and help build a global brand
- Broad spectrum of technological challenges on high-profile clients and versatile projects
- Freedom to experiment and work with cutting edge technologies
- Pair programming, hack days, internal talks, growth budget and conference visits
- Consistent support and mentoring by the core platform development team
- Work in a motivating, international and creative atmosphere with a high degree of responsibility
- Competitive compensation (incl. visa/relocation support)
- Attractive employee benefits (e.g. company events, sport courses, German classes, various discounts)
More information on our tech stack: https://stackshare.io/highsnobiety