Senior Backend Developer // HelloFresh
At HelloFresh, the past 5 years have seen our mission to change the way people eat explode. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. We’re now active and growing in 9 different countries in 3 continents.
Our story started in Berlin. As Europe’s tech hub, and the home of our global headquarters, it’s a dynamic, progressive environment where innovation is nurtured and promoted. Since we started, we’ve worked exceptionally hard and we’ve more than US$ 350 million in investment which together have allowed us to create an award winning product and become one of the top 3 largest companies to come out of Europe over the past 4 years.
About the job
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Build and take operational responsibility for the HelloFresh platform
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate microservices that serve millions of users, using DevOps practices and tools
- Monitor and improve the usage of the services you build
- Close cooperation with Frontend, Devops and Business Intelligence teams
- Creating a smooth and pleasant end user experience, for both our customers and our internal users
You can get a taste of what we’ve been working on by checking out our engineering blog: https://engineering.hellofresh.com/
Who we’re looking for
- You have extensive knowledge of OOP, Design Patterns and SOLID Principles
- Prior experience with unit, integration & functional testing, distributed architectures, applications tuning/profiling, and continuous integration are all highly valued
- You are used to working with relational and non relational databases
- Additionally, any experience working with microservices is a plus
Interacting with front-ends, designers, product managers and our teams around the world is very much part of our day-to-day, so communication skills are vital (fluent english is essential). We are looking for strong problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of the platforms and environments we support.
What we offer
- You take responsibility from Day 1
- You work in a dynamic environment
- HelloFresh is a place that lets you implement your own ideas
- We work from a modern office in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive salary for the startup job market
- Flat hierarchies, constant learning, casual workplace and no attitude
- Outstanding team atmosphere and international mix
- Relocation service to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →