Senior Backend Engineer // FinCompare
You will be part of our engineering team reporting directly to our CTO. Your job will be to help maintain, extend and optimize our backend-architecture as well as the code base. This entails designing and implementing REST APIs and developing new features. You also take part in the code reviews to ensure code quality of our system.
Who You are:
- You are passionate about programming and solving real-world problems.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience with Python back-end development.
- You have used at least one of the languages: Java, Go, C/C++, Scala
- You have used relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL before
- Solid computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures etc.
- You take ownership of business outcomes, proactively help initiate and drive projects
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with all parties involved
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with async processes
- Django or Flask framework experience
- NoSQL database/systems experience
- Fast moving startup experience a plus
What we can offer
- We encourage your personal development, offering individual external and internal training, conference visits, and regular appraisals.
- You take responsibility from day one and work in an agile team of diverse, smart, and passionate people from more than 10 nationalities.
- You can benefit from our flexible working hours, beer fridge, hoverboards, and other perks
- Experienced management team with a strong focus on your personal development.
- Flat hierarchies, open communication, high energy, and high reward.
- Weekly updated about growth and development of the business.
- A nice office with a great atmosphere in Berlin.
- Latest hardware.