Senior Backend Engineer (m/f) – Java/Scala/Kotlin // Mobimeo
We are Mobimeo, a venture of a large German mobility company dedicated to providing customer-centric digital innovations for smart everyday mobility. Take the lead with us: With over 100 years of experience, intelligent technology and the power of a global player, we are developing innovative mobility services right in the heart of Berlin.
Our mission is maximum mobility – for millions of people in Germany. That’s why we’re scouting international mobility experts and geeks who turn our visions into real solutions.
Introducing our Engineering Team
We are working together in agile autonomous cross-functional teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Mobimeo ecosystem.
We minimize reinventing the wheel and maximize using open-source (Play!, Akka, Spring, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kibana, Zipkin), commercial (Runscope, Datadog, PagerDuty) and AWS offerings as appropriate (API Gateway, S3, Athena, Lambda, EMR, RDS, SES, EC2, CloudWatch).
We believe in continuous delivery through high automation and DevOps culture (Gitlab, Helm, Kubernetes,Terraform, Docker).
We use a variety of languages, but most of our reactive services are written in Scala or Kotlin.
At the core of our products are sophisticated ML algorithms which gives us unique insights to the end-user mobility behavior. Our team is extremely data driven, making extensive use of A/B testing and ML to launch and ramp new experiments.
We encourage the culture of learning, trust, constructive feedback and career growth.
- You will develop a suite of digital mobility applications
- You will work alongside product managers, UI/UX designers and data scientists
- You will build high performance, scalable systems
- You will work across different technologies and platforms
- You have extensive experience building applications in Java, Scala or Kotlin
- You have a deep understanding of software engineering best practices
- You have an interest in deploying machine learning based systems
- You have a DevOps mindset – we automate everything
- Early stage – Build a product from the ground up
- Help create seamless travel experiences for tens of millions of users
- Stable – Backed by a leading German transportation company
- Develop a sophisticated product leveraging bleeding edge technologies
- Join a diverse and highly experienced team
- A highly collaborative, engineering driven environment
- Nice office space in Berlin Kreuzberg