(Senior) Backend Engineer Ruby on Rails // Oetker Digital
The spirit of a startup at one of Germany’s largest family-run businesses? A contradiction? Certainly not: At Oetker Digital we support our group companies in shaping their digital agenda and share our competence to pursue the digital future of the Oetker Group. We have a deep understanding of emerging trends and help to develop new business fields. Our ambitious goals will lead us and our group companies along exciting paths!
At Oetker Digital, Back-end Engineers work on a variety of products that impact the lives of millions. Working in a cross-functional team as a technical expert, you will give our products their functionality. The Oetker Group companies span industries from FMCG, Finance to Hospitality. You will build user-facing products from scratch, within diverse industries for millions of users with no legacy code.
Share your passion for code and challenges and become part of our team as a
(Senior) Backend Engineer Ruby on Rails
- As a Senior Backend Engineer, you are responsible for developing high-quality software in an agile / test-driven process
- You will shape the development process and optimize it in collaboration with our frontend / UX department regarding performance and user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- You will be in charge of the architecture of our modular service-oriented system and share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technology discussions.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
As a Senior:
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking the lead on projects, as needed and mentoring other team members.
- Relevant work experience
- Ability to think and design with an API first approach
- You have excellent communication skills with strong analytical skills and a mindset to get things done
- Ideally a degree in Computer Science, engineering or a similar subject
A plus is:
- Knowledge of distributed and service-oriented architectures
- Some frontend/ mobile knowledge would be desirable, but it’s not a requirement
- Also, expertise in automated infrastructure
- Ruby on Rails
- Service bus (RabbitMQ, etc.)
- SQL and no-SQL dbs (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Neo4j, Mongo, etc.)
- PAAS development experience, FAAS is a plus
- TDD, DDD, Clean Code
- Git and GitFlow
- CI/CD experience (Gitlab, TeamCity, Jenkins etc.)
- CloudFoundry experience is a plus