Senior Backend Engineer // Yilu
Yilu — backed by Lufthansa Group — is on a mission to make traveling truly seamless. Yilu is a powerful B2B platform empowering the world’s leading travel brands to build more functional and personalized user frontends than ever before. With the aim of creating an incredibly reliable travel experience, we are offering connected services and accompanying our travelers throughout their journey!
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our motivated team in Berlin.
These will be your tasks:
- Use agile engineering practices and various software and web development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance the client customer and employee experience;
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code;
- Work closely alongside product, UX and front end development team to design and implement new product features;
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation;
- Contribute to continuous delivery and test-driven development;
- Contribute to the highly efficient agile development process;
- Onboard and integrate third-party APIs onto the platform;
- Contribute to the daily tech-related operations; evolve the platform architecture (based on Spring Boot, kubernetes, AWS);
- Closely collaborate with the CTO in order to align work streams and achieve the set partner integration and functionality launch goals;
- Support application deployments and infrastructure;
- Guide external and junior developers.
You’re offering these qualifications:
- 4+ years experience in software design and development, preferably in a web-service environment; excellent knowledge in designing and building public API solutions;
- Experience in design and architecture of micro services and REST APIs;
- Familiarity with data security, data privacy and risk management is required; travel industry compliance requirements is a plus;
- Experience to track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics;
- Experience in software development life-cycle and solution architecture;
- Proven track record in delivering high availability architectures including load balancing, fault-tolerance, and cloud computing (infrastructure as code, configuration management systems);
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining cloud-based environments;
- Fluency in English is a must, German is a plus.
We’re offering these benefits:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing multinational team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation;
- Centrally located office in Mitte, with great access to great food and transport connections;
- Autonomous and empowering culture with high degree of creative freedom;
- Extensive opportunities for professional growth and the chance to impact the success of the company;
- Honest communication, combining thoughtfulness and pragmatism;
- Agile development with continuous delivery and continuous integration (CI & CD);
- Competitive compensation with benefits;
- Hardware of your choice to make the magic happen!