Senior Backend Java Engineer // Smart Host
Smart Host is a B2B SaaS platform in the hospitality industry. We empower hotels to put their own data to work. We collect, clean and enrich guest data from both internal and external data sources. All of this combined with data analysis takes guest communication and marketing efforts to a new level. Our typical clients are not necessarily tech savvy, so it’s on us to skyrocket them into the digital marketing age, by simplifying the experience to the maximum through great usability.
We are a early stage company run by experienced entrepreneurs– this is your chance to shape our product. We believe in user research + usage data driven design and development. If you do too, we are a match.
- You will develop a webapp backend with non-trivial business logic
- You will be responsible for your code and the cloud infrastructure it runs on
- You will make sure the software scales together with the growing user base
- You will cooperate with Frontend Engineers to create the most efficient API
- You will solve occurring challenges on the way to make our customers happy
- You will fight emerging complexity in the code by rethinking things from the beginning
- You are proficient in Java and/or Kotlin, Scala, Clojure
- You know how powerful Java is, but use dynamic languages (such as Python, Ruby, Node.js, Shell) for rapid prototyping and scripting
- You understand the fundamentals of networking, operating systems and distributed computing
- You are familiar with JVM internals, e.g. memory model, GC, bytecode, classloading
- You keep objects immutable for simplicity
- You care about code quality
- You dig deep to find the root cause of any problem before shifting responsibility
- You constantly cultivate your professional knowledge
- A small and highly passionate team of extraordinary co-workers
- A competitive salary
- An ability to make significant impact on the company’s future
- High levels of transparency, trust and freedom
- A casual working environment with flexible working hours
- An office in the heart of Prenzlauer Berg with a great view on the Berlin TV Tower
Your complete application should include your CV, letter of motivation and availability and should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state “Application – Senior Back-end Java Engineer” in the subject line.