Senior Backend -/ Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f) // Asana Rebel
As our Backend -/ Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f) you’ll design and expand the API, define code architecture decisions and support a high-performance and scalable product with a minimal footprint. You are comfortable working in an agile and fast paced environment but you’re also a pragmatic problem solver
You get to help develop and build out our culture which means this is a role for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, who is both ambitious, fueled by passion and love for coding, yet wants to be impactful to a growing organization.
- New development largely working with Ruby on Rails
- Build API and tools for scaling up and supporting applications with millions of users.
- Help drive core technical decisions
- Integrate 3rd party services
- Commit code, write tests, solve problems
- Full stack engineering extraordinaire.
- 2+ years of relevant working experience.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field. MS is a plus.
- Experience with relational database systems (like PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS)
- Good documentation skills
- You belong to a test and behavior driven design culture
- German language skills are a nice to have
Your soft skills:
- Ability to Listen
- Ability to offer ideas on technical direction
- Team Player
- Desire to contribute to overall direction of project
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
Ownership: The possibility to shape and develop further the Asana Rebel’s backend systems and scale them to support millions of users. Big impact and opportunities to solve complex problems with code.
Excellence & Team: The chance to work in an excellent team of young professionals and ambitious founders. To be able to work with an awesome team of IOS and Android developers.
Flexibility: We take care of our team. You’ll get the things you need (just ask for it). We have flexible working hours, free yoga, free drinks, team events and a budget for attending conferences or off-the-job-trainings.