Senior Big Data Developer (Scala) (f/m) // adsquare
We use SCALA and AKKA in combination with Spark/Spark Streaming and Cassandra for data architecture, and we expect our ideal candidate to be on top of those technologies, and even be able to teach us a thing or two. A good understanding of Big Data, efficient data structures and low latency programming are a must for this role, as they are the foundations of our market leading solution.
- Expert level JVM development skills, with fluency in both Scala and Java.
- Experience with using big data solutions like Cassandra, AKKA, Spark (Spark Streaming), HDFS and Kafka in a production environment.
- Full lifecycle development experience building high throughput/low latency architectures
- Test-Driven Development (Unit, Integration)
- Continuous Integration knowledge (GIT, Gradle/Maven, CI-System, Docker etc.) is a plus
- Deep understanding of distributed systems
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns
- Keen to analyse architecture and software design in terms of scalability, testability and maintenance as well as develop optimization recommendations
- Very good spoken and written English, ideally also German
- A high level of responsibility from the very first day
- Work closely with and lead other development team members
- Agile, focused, yet relaxed atmosphere with flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package
- And… a large reservoir of free drinks, snacks and fruits!
If you are looking for a challenging position in a fast-moving tech-startup and want to make a difference you shouldn’t think twice and send your full application in English or German to email@example.com.
adsquare Interview Tips
- Preparation, curiosity and an open mindset make a great first impression on us
- Creative CVs, preppy style and fluffy self-promotion bore us to tears