Senior Big Data Engineer – Motionlogic // Motionlogic
Do you want to put your career on the fast lane? To learn about the Big Data technologies used by the most successful technology companies in the world? To gain experience in Data Engineering? Then read on.
Motionlogic, a startup by Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, analyses anonymous signaling data from mobile communication networks and derives market leading insights in traffic and movement streams. For this, we process terabytes of data and develop smart and scalable products that can handle billions of events per day and provide actionable insights in near real time.
We are a very international company with people from (currently) 15 different countries. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we currently offer our services in multiple European countries.
We are looking for a software developer who wants to step up her game and gain real world experience with global scale-level big data. The individual should have some experience in Hadoop technologies or some side projects in Github that show willingness to experiment and learn.
If it starts sounding interesting here are a few more details on what you will work if you join our team:
- Work with cutting edge technologies like Apache Spark, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Engineer novel algorithms in geospatial analytics, data representation and compression, graph traversal and low latency, high volume and velocity data processing systems.
- Write simple, maintainable and testable Python code.
- Collaborate with data scientists to apply and scale Machine Learning techniques.
- Collaborate with data scientists and business analysts to visualize, integrate external data sources and further develop the system.
What we expect from you:
- Good programming skills in Python.
- Experience in data processing frameworks like Hadoop and Apache Spark.
- Experience or interest in various SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Ability to solve complex problems with simple solutions.
- Understanding the big picture and how hardware, software, networking infrastructure and algorithms affect each other when building a large scale, high performance system
- Good English communication skills.
Among the perks we offer you will get:
- Challenging tasks including data processing, analytics and reporting.
- Opportunity to work with geospatial tools and libraries.
- Personal time to experiment with new technologies.
- A modern working environment with nice people.
- Flexible time management.
- Good coffee, fruits and vegetables.
- Education budget for books and conferences.
- The opportunity to flourish and show the world what you can do!