Senior Data/BI Engineer (f/m) // Atfarm
Atfarm (www.at.farm) is on a mission to feed the world in a more sustainable way. We’re starting by making precision farming available to every farmer by combining the latest in satellite imaging with sophisticated algorithms built on decades worth of experience in agronomy (the science of crops). At our core, we help farmers increase their harvest yield whilst using fertiliser more accurately and sustainably.
Atfarm is a new startup venture by Yara International, a leading provider of crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers across 160 countries. With Atfarm you will have the culture and pace of a startup with serious backing and support from Yara International.
We recently launched in France and German. We are rapidly gaining traction and growing our team to accelerate product development, and expanding to new markets. This is your chance to join an exciting, high growth venture and help shape the future of agriculture.
As a Senior Engineer at Atfarm you will:
- Build and maintain our data and analytics infrastructure
- Build in-app analytics for internal stakeholders
- Build marketing attribution capabilities for both online and offline marketing
- Integrate multiple data sources to a single source
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders for requirements gathering and leverage the most learnings out of our data
- Optimize and improve features or data processes for performance and stability
As a person you are:
- Collaborative and thrive on self-improvement
- Values and results driven
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner
- Ready to make an impact, take ownership and you execute with conviction.
- Proactive and constructive even if things get ambiguous
- You like to actively participate in an agile setup to develop software in a team and you value pragmatic approaches, discussions, and knowledge sharing
- You have more than one year of experience in working in a startup environment on site as team member
- You have a broad understanding of concepts such as service oriented architecture, micro services, message queues, machine learning, and geospatial data
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer / BI
- Experience developing, maintaining and optimising data pipelines
- Experience building data warehouses and ETLs
- Experience with data modeling and building reporting dashboards
- Experience in working with Redshift or similar databases for large scale data storage and retrieval.
- Setup and promote data driven enablement inside the unit (e.g. by providing trainings about tooling).
Our Tech Stack
- Required knowledge: R, Python.
- Required tooling knowledge: R Studio / R Server, Matlab (or similar tooling), Tableu (or similar tooling).
- Tools: AWS, GitLab, Jenkins, Jira, Docker
- Principles: agile, customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organisation, transparency
- An opportunity to shape a startup in its early stage
- Directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- Work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- Very competitive remuneration and an unlimited working contract
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours and support for part time working models
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies and frameworks
- Participation in-house hackathons, meetups, and knowledge sharing
- A choice your own preferred hardware (CYOD)