Senior Data Engineer – Data Platform // GetYourGuide
As a Senior Data Engineer you will play a key role in designing and developing our data infrastructure, architecture and processes. You will also help make the vast amount of our data accessible, reliable and efficient to query.
With 400 employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Data Platform team plays a central role in our data-driven strategy, designing and developing our data infrastructure, processes and analytics capabilities. We work on problems such as events pipelines, analytics or large-scale applied machine learning. The team is also responsible for making the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so our teams can make the best data-driven decisions. We work on a modern Spark stack and our language of choice is Scala.
- Design, build and refine our data and analytics infrastructure, scaling to terabytes of data
- Grow our analytics capabilities with faster, more reliable data pipelines, and better tools
- Design and develop a real-time events pipeline and work with data scientists, backend engineers and product managers to find new ways to leverage this data
- Develop complex and efficient functions to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data lake
- Optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- You have experience designing, developing and maintaining systems at scale
- You have strong experience with Scala, Python or Java
- You have strong experience big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Hadoop)
- You have experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Kafka and Spark-Streaming
- You write efficient, well-tested code with an keen eye on scalability and maintainability
- You possess strong CS fundamentals and are familiar with agile development
- You have an analytical mind and bake your decisions with data
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS and cloud technologies such as S3
- Experience with Microservice Architecture
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can check our blog at inside.getyourguide.com to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out Tech Radar at techradar.getyourguide.com for an insight into the stack we use to turn trips into amazing experiences!