Senior Data Engineer (m/f) // COUP
COUP is bringing the fun of driving back into urban areas. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, the eScooter sharing service started a new business area in the field of mobility services in August 2016. The electric scooters enable users to save time in city traffic and are a fantastic addition to existing mobility services provided in central areas. The eScooters are available in a number of major European cities, including Berlin, Paris and Madrid (from summer 2018). They can be used around the clock and are easy to find, reserve and drive. They are a flexible and affordable alternative to public transport and cars.
What you will be working on:
As a Senior Data Engineer at COUP you’ll be part of our Analytics team contributing in building a scalable foundation for a data-driven organization. You will be managing and optimizing our streaming-based data pipelines in a cloud-based environment to enable efficient and reliable utilization of data. You’ll be also driving topics like monitoring and testing to ensure data integrity and quality across all databases and data-applications.
In addition to managing the existing data infrastructure, you’ll be collaborating with our data analysts and backend engineers to find new ways to leverage our data and helping us to bring those new ideas into production. You’ll be applying your knowledge in extending our data pipelines, building interfaces for data consumption by internal applications and tools and helping the analytics team to build and ship models that can be used for more timely and accurate data-driven predictions.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about building, deploying and maintaining robust and scalable data infrastructures with deep understanding of ETL processes and data warehouse design
- 4+ years of experience of working with deployment and optimization of data pipelines and databases in cloud environments
- You know your way around the AWS ecosystem and have deep knowledge of eventbased infrastructures and real-time stream processing with platforms/services such as Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- You are familiar with solving data extraction and processing related challenges in some programming language, such as Python or Java and are fluent in SQL
- Experience in statistical analysis, predictive modeling and machine learning-based data products especially from the deployment, automation and maintenance perspectives are considered a big plus
What you can expect when joining COUP:
- Joining our adventure in becoming the leading global platform in shared urban mobility
- Working with a very strong team and the best eScooter in the market
- Flat hierarchies, numerous social events and opportunity to work with highly skilled, cross-functional teams
- A fresh, young company with an opportunity to influence technical decisions and shape the engineering culture
- A brand-new office in the center of Berlin (Friedrichstraße)
If you are interested please send your application to email@example.com. Feel free to get in touch in case you have questions regarding your application.