Senior Data Scientist // wooga
At Wooga, our Data Scientists play an instrumental role in driving the successful development of our games. Team Analytics explores new methodologies and delves deep into every aspect of our data to identify opportunities and make a real impact on our business. We are looking for a data enthusiast with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our mission.
About the job
- You will build data tools for our product managers, empowering them to deliver actionable insights and recommendations for our game teams
- You will lead analytics projects involving multiple team members to understand, segment, predict, and influence the behavior of our players across our game portfolio
- You will use experiments, advanced analytics, and ML to find levers for product optimization
- You will proactively drive improvements of and provide education on our analytics tools
- You will help coach and train more junior members of the team in both technical and soft skills
- Communication will be a vital part of your work — you must be able to translate complex analyses for diverse audiences!
Who we are looking for
- You have a degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g.statistics, economics, computer science)
- You have 5+ years professional experience in data science or a related analytical field
- You have a solid understanding of how data science can impact the core business and of economics in a freemium business model
- You have a deep understanding of commonly applied advanced statistical and ML techniques, and have shown that you can apply and adapt these techniques to a range of situations
- You have experience coding in Python
- You can use SQL effectively to query large volumes of data while accounting for messy or missing data
- You are passionate about games and can think analytically about what makes a game great!
Why join us
- Empowered position with challenging and rewarding responsibilities
- Collaborative and open company culture dedicated to making world-class games
- An audience of millions of engaged players
- Talented, inspiring colleagues from all over the world with English as our de facto working language
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life
- We are committed to professional personal growth to strengthen and deepen our long term working relationship
Wooga is an equal opportunity employer. We invite international candidates to apply, as well as monsters and unicorns.
It is optional to include your photo, date of birth, and place of birth in your application.