Senior Data Warehouse Engineer // Affinitas
- We typically look for people who feel comfortable on Data Ingestion from External Data Source and from Internal Data Source along SOA paradigm, Data Quality processes, Data Modeling and Data Preparation & Interpretation for DWH consumers (BI for instance). Also you will write tests, adding to a continuous deployment script.
- We are looking for people who are proficient in teaching and leading by example, and mentoring both junior and senior engineers.
- Most of our applications are written on PostgreSQL DB that are migrating to AWS (Kinesis, S3, Python, Redshift). We will be looking eventually to make this stack cloud agnostic, but are starting with good in-build tools on. As someone who is passionate about development, you will be open to picking up new languages and frameworks as and when the situation arises. Any HADOOP, HBASE type experience would be awesome but not essential.
- You love data and care about test-driven, clean and “easy to change” code and all the lovely stuff that´s involved with automatically tested, continuously deployed applications.
- You also may be an expert on thinking critically about potential flaws, and are able to teach others on this subject. For example, our PostgreSQL developers learn from the Redshift experts, and vice versa. Having a desire to expand and master something new means youre a good fit for us
- Super smart, dynamic, international team members. Highly skilled people striving for results; professional but with a fantastic sense of humour.
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Berlin startup amenities, such as nice laptops, and great office facilities (fair warning though: don’t be too sad when we beat you at table tennis or kicker in the beginning, as we’ve been training a lot)
- An opportunity to build a platform which is used by millions in many, many countries that help people find their soul mate.
PASSION; it’s a word that´s often used though very few companies can claim to actually inspire it. But we do! Affinitas brands are on the ‘serious dating’ side of the spectrum of dating platforms (as opposed to the casual hookup). Elite Singles, eDarling, and Attractive World are our main brands aimed at professionals looking for love.
We were one of the earliest startups in Berlin from the ‘new wave’ of tech startups. In fact, we’re practically startup royalty – successful (and profitable) with fun plans for expansion.
So; do you want to shape how people find love? Are you interested in joining an ambitious and inclusive workplace? The tech teams are continually striving for the highest quality, and to release quickly. We work in small, focussed, cross functional teams using bits of Scrum, Kanban, and a smidge of Extreme Programming.
Our teams have Product Management, Devs, and UX all working together every day.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →