Senior Developer / Development Expert for Machine Learning Platform // SAP SE
The SAP Innovation Center Network is a strategic innovation entity within SAP. In nine locations around the globe, it combines the best of two worlds: the creativity and agility of startups with the backbone of a world market leader in business software. The Innovation Center Network is driven by the collaboration of more than 450 engineers, designers, product experts, and business developers.
You will work together with a team of dedicated experts including researchers, business developers, developers and dev ops engineers with the single goal of building the best machine learning services for a variety of use cases spanning commerce, financial markets, and procurement. You will work against fixed timelines and your success will be measured by the ability to deliver solutions matching the performance of top notch research prototypes. You will belong to the platform team, whose responsibility it is to provide a foundation for services offering machine learning functionality. It is expected that you take full technical ownership for the deliverables of the team, including responsibility for technical and architectural aspects.
Your tasks include:
- Build platform services and tools to support efficient creation and delivery of machine learning services
- Create excellence both in terms of results quality and system scalability through continuous evaluation, analysis, and refinement of the system implementation
- Work in a diverse team applying Scrum and agile development
- Collaborate with remote location teams
- Implement most recent algorithms and approaches for machine learning in collaboration with our data scientists and researchers
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
You are a self-starter, lean startup-minded, and born for life in fast paced environments. As an ideal candidate you will demonstrate a proven track record of enterprise-grade product releases preferably as cloud-based solutions.
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent education
- Proven track record of technical leadership in enterprise-grade product releases.
- Demonstrated track record of mentoring and guiding of development teams
- Proficiency in one or more of Java, Python, Node.js, Scala, Go, or Rust
- Experience with cloud-based development using Cloud Foundry, Docker, AWS, Azure or other container/PaaS environments
- Extensive experience in REST API implementation
- Extensive experience with microservice architectures, development and operations
- Hands-on experience on continuous integration and build tools like Jenkins, Travis CI
- Exposure to Big Data technologies like Hadoop and Spark
- Strong knowledge on RDBMS & NoSQL databases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Agile/scrum experience
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →