Think of the last time you were looking for a flat. If you are grinding your teeth now, you may enjoy working for Home on Demand.
Supported by Germany’s largest real estate portal, we are developing solutions to process rich data and build beautiful easy-to-use interfaces to empower searchers. You have experience with Python/Django or Java, love solving real-world problems and want to feel a sense of ownership? Make sure to read on!
About Cartogami Ltd.
Finding a flat can be difficult – especially in metropolitan areas like Berlin or London. Even with the help of traditional real estate portals, the experience can be frustrating and one’s new home a disappointment. Home on Demand’s mission is to improve market transparency for users and to help them make an informed decision they won’t regret.
To achieve this, we build intelligent solutions integrating rich real estate, geo-spatial, and statistical data sources and design new user experiences making it easy –and perhaps enjoyable – to make decisions in the real estate space. Drawing heavily on Open Data, we are looking to work closely with the community and to help make the case for information transparency.
Financed by ImmobilienScout24 and Seedcamp, Home on Demand is in the process of building its core development team in Berlin to work on the Home on Demand portal for London and B2B and B2C solutions for customers in Germany – and we would love for you to join us!
We are looking for:
- A proven record of developing data-intense applications in Python or Java
- Experience working with SQL databases, ideally PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Experience working with version control, ideally git
- Passion for learning and curiosity
Ideally, some of the following will apply to you:
- Good knowledge of the Django web framework
- Strong interest in working with transportation and routing data, possibly experience with the GTFS data format and open source routing solutions
- Experience with OpenStreetMap data and tools (e.g. Osmosis and Mapnik)
- Interest in big data, applied statistics and statistical model building
- Interest in the British and/or German open source community
- Competitive salary with stock option component
- Flexible working hours
- Exciting work environment and access to all amenities at the ImmobilienScout24 head office in Berlin Friedrichshain
- Involvement in all aspects of the startup, from interface design to business development
Visit the company website: Cartogami Ltd.