Senior DevOps Engineer // HelloFresh
At HelloFresh, the past 5 years have seen our mission to change the way people eat explode. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes and lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of inspired, energised home cooks that expands across the globe. We’re now active and growing in 9 different countries in 3 continents.
Our story started in Berlin. As Europe’s tech hub, and the home of our global headquarters, it’s a dynamic, progressive environment where innovation is nurtured and promoted. Since we started, we’ve worked exceptionally hard and we’ve more than US$ 350 million in investment which together have allowed us to create an award winning product and become one of the top 3 largest companies to come out of Europe over the past 4 years.
About the job
- Develop and support tools for infrastructure to be used by other engineers
- Design blueprints and support engineers to implement them
- Mentoring/supporting engineers regarding tools, concepts and best practices
- Maintaining internal infrastructure services
- Using/Integrating with external services and APIs
You can get a taste of what we’ve been working on by checking out our engineering blog.
Who we’re looking for
- 1+ year experience as a software developer [Python, Go, or Ruby]
- 3+ years of experience with system administration or infrastructure maintenance
- Good knowledge of design patterns, system architecture, and best-practices
- Practical cloud experience, preferably Amazon Web Services
- Enthusiasm for open source contribution
- You are passionate about mentoring and sharing knowledge
- Loves to automate things
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience with immutable infrastructure
- Previous experience working in an environment with microservices
- Knowledge of different deployment patterns (canary, zero-downtime)
What we offer
- The opportunity to get into one of the most intellectually demanding roles at one of the largest technology companies in Europe
- Cutting edge technology, allowing you to work with state-of-the-art tools and software solutions
- Freedom to innovate and test new tools
- Competitive compensation and plenty of room for personal growth
- Great international exposure and team atmosphere
- Work in a modern office in the heart of Berlin with excellent transport links and employee perks
Are you up for a challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your earliest starting date and your salary expectations.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →