Senior Engineering Manager (TechLead) // Affinitas
- Experience or deep knowledge of at least some of the following: Spinnaker, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Marathon, PaaS, IaaS etc.
- A minimum of 6 Years’ supervisory experience and proven success in managing technical teams in a fast paced, dynamic customer facing software business. Knowledge of industry best practices for software development, IT life cycles, mentoring and leadership of diverse IT professionals.
- Proven experience building and leading high performance technical teams.
- Deep understanding of Agile and Continuous Delivery concepts and tools.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Technical expertise in an IT vertical, such as product support, software development, networking, architecture, quality assurance, or system administration.
- Experience with current DevOps toolchains for infrastructure deployment, software build/test/deploy, and systems/application monitoring/logging such as Jenkins, Ansible, Maven, Chef, SALT, Puppet, ELK etc.
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies such as Agile and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Super smart, dynamic, international team members. Highly skilled people striving for results; professional but with a fantastic sense of humour.
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Berlin startup amenities, such as nice laptops, and great office facilities (fair warning though: don’t be too sad when we beat you at table tennis or kicker in the beginning, as we’ve been training a lot).
- An opportunity to build a platform which is used by millions in many, many countries that help people find their soul mate.
PASSION; it’s a word that´s often used though very few companies can claim to actually inspire it. But we do! Affinitas brands are on the ‘serious dating’ side of the spectrum of dating platforms (as opposed to the casual hookup). Elite Singles, eDarling, and Attractive World are our main brands aimed at professionals looking for love.
We were one of the earliest startups in Berlin from the ‘new wave’ of tech startups. In fact, we’re practically startup royalty – successful (and profitable) with fun plans for expansion.
So; do you want to shape how people find love? Are you interested in joining an ambitious and inclusive workplace? The tech teams are continually striving for the highest quality, and to release quickly. We work in small, focussed, cross functional teams using bits of Scrum, Kanban, and a smidge of Extreme Programming.
Our teams have Product Management, Devs, and UX all working together every day.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →