Senior Front-End Developer // Humanitec
Location: Berlin, Germany
Humanitec is developing a platform that helps teams radically speed up their application development using microservice architecture. We are leveraging cutting-edge technology to create the application development platform of tomorrow, which will enable dev teams to focus on writing unique code and developing enterprise business solutions faster than ever. Our enterprise development teams are our first users, delivering complex solutions in the fields of global workforce management, organizational management, data consolidation and analysis, IoT integration, and many more. We love open source and share what we do wherever possible so you can reuse it.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Shape the future of our platform by contributing ideas and solutions.
- Develop the core of the development platform.
- Develop reusable application modules that work with the core and microservices built by the backend engineers.
- Contribute to standards, perform code reviews and mentor less experienced developers.
- Evaluate new technologies and their applicability within our stack.
- Participate and/or speak at events and workshops, sharing knowledge and promoting our platform.
Technical leadership responsibility. Together with a limited group of people, you will be curating the standards and technologies used by all teams within the organization.
DIRECT REPORT: VP of Engineering
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in web development using one or more Agile methodologies
- Minimum 2 years experience with AngularJS
- Minimum one year experience with at least one other major framework
- Solid understanding of the web stack (HTTP, HTML, CSS, browser security etc)
- Solid understanding of cross-platform web development
- Ability to write clean, well tested code
- Ability to design extensible, high performance architectures
- Strong initiative and a self starter mentality
- Exemplary organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- Excellent writing skills – ability to write in a variety of styles for multiple audiences
- At least 1 year of backend development experience is a plus
- Previous open source contributions are a plus
WHY JOIN HUMANITEC:
- Be a part of the team that builds the development platform of the future
- Plenty of opportunities to contribute to open source projects
- Clear career development plan
- Constant increase of knowledge through conference visits and personal coaching
- Want to sharpen your public speaking skills? We’ve got you covered!
- A friendly work environment where openness is valued and initiative is encouraged
- Fresh fruit, coffee, drinks, regular team events, a sunny courtyard and up-to-date hardware are all here to ensure optimal working conditions!
HOW TO APPLY:
Send us a link to your CV, LinkedIn or anything else that can give us an idea about who you are, what you do, and why you want to work with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org