How do you feel about today‘s travel planning? It kinda sucks, doesn‘t it? Don’t you agree that it‘s missing creativity, simplicity and cool features? Don‘t you think it‘s time to disrupt the travel market with new products? If yes, read on.
Waymate will change travel planning as we know it today. We’ll shape the future of travelling. We’ll make it fun, social and creative. Both Web and Mobile. We believe in making digital products more human, more personal and more awesome. We have a lot in our pipeline. Now we need the best Front End Developer to join our team!
You’ll be working with some of the most talented people in their fields. Waymate was the winner of the „1st Smart Mobility Challenge“ and was nominated as „European Startup of the Year“, „Best Travel Technology Solution“ and „Best Web App“ at various awards. Ready to kick ass in the travel industry?
What we offer
- Working with a very successful and highly motivated team
- Attractive workplace in the heart of Berlin
- Creating a unique product, changing the world of travelling.
- Flat hierarchies, great career opportunities
- Competitive remuneration package
- Starting immediately
We’re looking for doers and makers. People with a real passion for what they do, and a desire to change the travel industry, for the better. We have a great office space in the centre of Berlin’s “Silicon Allee” (incl. a pretty nice sun terrace with a paddling pool), an incredible team and a fascinating product with bags of potential. If that sounds like your kind of thing, then we want to hear from you.
Send us your CV, a portfolio of your previous work & tell us why you’d be the best person for the job – firstname.lastname@example.org
You are in love with great web experiences. You are passionate with all aspects of front end development and always up-to-date with the latest techniques and optimizations. You want to create an easy to use interface with the perfect „look & feel“. Design means spirituality to you. As Senior Front End Developer, you will work closely with our designers to bring charming interfaces to life; ones that match people's mental model and present information in new, innovative, and creative ways. You have a strong focus on quality, accessibility and compatibility with everything you produce. You know the fundamentals of interaction and visual design and are able to apply them to create clear, usable layouts that provide a great experience across a range of devices.
You will be based at our awesome headquarters at Rosenthaler Platz in Berlin.
- Build up our user experiences. You’ll work on the digital spirituality of the platform. You’ll create the face, look and smile of our product
- Work closely with developers and designers to produce and maintain awesome interfaces across multiple browsers and devices
- Create a holistic design approach as part of an overall engineering strategy across the platform
- Translate and generate conceptual ideas with our design team, and experiment with new and unique approaches to how we display information
- You’ll work very closely with our back end, product and community teams
- Run experiments and benchmarks
- An overwhelming desire to create the best web sites on the Internet
- A burning need to push the limits of what's possible on the web into the next level
- The ability to work collaboratively across disciplines (user experience design, interaction design, strategy, code…)
- A powerful intellectual curiosity
- A strong sense of craftsmanship
- Expert knowledge of HTML, cross-browser and cross-device CSS
- A demonstrated ability to write clean, maintainable code and to solve problems creatively and rapidly
- Demonstrable passion for new technologies and a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
- Incredible attention to detail…every pixel matters to you