Senior Full-Stack PHP Developer in Berlin Travel Startup // trip.me
At trip.me, we bring travellers in direct contact with travel experts in the destination to organize round trips fully tailored to the traveller’s wishes. That means great experiences and customization for the traveller while strengthening local businesses at the same time.
As a developer at trip.me you will be constantly improving the platform and the underlying technology and adding new features.
As we are a small developer team in a company with a wide variety of development needs, you will be able to work, learn & contribute in many areas ranging from backend programming, database optimization, architecture improvements, data analysis, frontend tools like gulp/scss, adwords script coding to managing projects where you have ownership.
If you want to be part of a travel startup in Berlin, if you like to grow alongside a highly motivated international team and the platform itself, if you like ownership in projects, this is for you.
You should bring profound knowledge in developing scalable projects with PHP frameworks, reasonable experience in frontend development, and most importantly, a constant drive for learning and improving. You don’t have to speak German, only conversational English is required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implement requirements in our PHP (symfony) based backend systems, website and AngularJS application tourbuildr
- Define requirement details together with stakeholders, provide estimations and communicate results
- Determine and develop appropriate solutions based on best practices
- Continuously improve technical knowledge and interaction with other team members
- Improve performance of our systems
- Gather, analyze and visualize data for the team to take better decisions
- Build tests (unit tests, functional tests) to keep the project easily maintainable
- Implement graphical concepts cross browser/device
We are looking for someone with:
- Passion for their work as developer and for learning new things in an international team
- 5 years or more of experience as PHP developer in professional context
- A clean coding style
- Excellent experience with building robust, scalable applications with a modern PHP framework, such as Symfony and Laravel
- Profound knowledge in relational database systems
- Fluency with HTML, CSS, JS and Git
- Solution-focused (positive) attitude and ability to work independently
- Openness to change
- Fluency in English (office language is English)
- Experience in the following fields is a plus: AngularJs, Server Administration, Docker, AWS, Scss, Bootstrap 4, Task Runners (Grunt, Gulp, etc.)
- Medium or long-term interest in working in Berlin and in taking over responsibilities at trip.me
Why you should join trip.me:
- Startup spirit in an experienced, inspiring and highly motivated international team
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Interesting and wide variety of challenging tasks
- Working from abroad for some weeks with whole team once a year (e.g. 2015: Colombia, 2016: Spain/Morocco, 2017: Portugal)
- Full-time developer position with starting date of May 1, 2018
If this sounds interesting to you, please send your CV to me (Stefan) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also send any additional resources (certificates, code, …) that may help us.
Please note that you need a work permit for the European Union to apply. I am looking forward to hearing from you!