Senior iOS Engineer // Babbel
We are looking for a Senior iOS developer (full-time) to join our office in Berlin, Germany.
Who we are:
With millions of regular users and more than 9000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while shaping the future of learning. We defined the market for online language learning, and today our product is available worldwide across multiple platforms.
How we work:
Our agile delivery teams are working in full-stack and feature teams involving disciplines from product management, user interface design, user experience research, analytics and engineering. Due to the growth our multi-team environment is scaling fast while we are adopting agile values, management and engineering practices.
Who we are looking for:
You are a passionate, experienced and pragmatic iOS engineer who has proven skills in creating innovative apps with modern and elegant user interfaces. You have a strong knack for problem solving and want to change the future of language learning while working in a challenging environment. Working together with ambitious colleagues you are eager to collaborate and dive into different disciplines to broaden your knowledge in other fields of expertise as well as share your own. Contributing to a great architecture and building the base of an easily extendable and well maintainable application is something you enjoy and take pride in.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Deliver high quality apps from designing and iterating new features into production in a short sprint cycle
- Independently build, maintain and take on ownership of complex features sets and frameworks
- Collaborate cross-functionally to inform API design and architectural decisions
- Maintain and make use of a good overview of the overall technology stack an infrastructure
- Shape, facilitate and survey coding guidelines and quality standards
- Manage technical debt
- Independently focus on continuous learning and improvement and drive the evolution of our engineering practices
- Support and coach Junior and Professional engineers to expedite their development
- 2+ years of experience with Swift, 5+ years of Objective-C
- Multiple successful apps in an app store
- Excellent understanding of mobile platforms and their unique features concerning technology and user experience
- Excellent engineering practices including design patterns, testing and continuous integration
- Confidence in driving architectural decisions
- Proficiency in long term maintenance of complex code bases and handling of legacy code
- Experience with REST-based APIs
- Excellent communication skills in terms of moderating dialogues and managing conflicts
- Solid understanding of lean and agile practices
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hackdays, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 36 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons etc.)
Check out our jobs page, our blog and our techblog to get an impression of how we work at Babbel!