flightright brings the joy to getting your rights. To shape our fast growth we are looking for passionate, entrepreneurial team members that bring in great ideas. To develop our underlying technology further, we want you as (Senior) Java developer.
With flightright, air passengers may seek financial compensation for delayed or cancelled flights. We refer to EU regulation 261/2004, under which air passengers affected by cancelled or delayed flights are entitled to compensation by the airline. Our innovative model was widely recommended by the press such as ARD, ZDF, Handelsblatt, DER SPIEGEL. ARD (first national television) recently made a video in our office: http://mediathek.daserste.de/sendungen_a-z/432744_plusminus/13153218_flugverspaetungen-von-wegen-entschaedigungen
What you will be doing:
- You work on our technical systems (front-end, back-end, external interfaces) with our software engineering team from development to operations
- You conduct component-, system and integration tests
- You actively participate in architecture decisions, complex development tasks and challenging projects, in particular regarding scaling and process automation
What you bring to the table:
- Completed degree in Computer Science, mathematics, physics or comparable education
- At least 3 years experience with object-oriented software engineering in Java, especially:
- Java/J2EE, JavaServer Faces, Hibernate, Spring, MySQL
- Usage of application servers (e.g. JBoss) on Linux
- Ideally: EJB, Swing, Maven, JUnit, XML, JSF, Git, XML, HTML, JS
- Strong analytical skills
- Independent and entrepreneurial working style
- You like to communicating in a team and taking over responsibility
- High level of English
What we offer:
- Your own budget for getting the hardware equipment of your choice
- IT systems that were developed with the leading experts for Business Process Management, based on flight database with >100 mio. flights we could help already more than 60.000 passengers
- We combine a solid, fast-growing and profitable business model with a passionate start-up atmosphere. You will become a part of our professional and entrepreneurial team in a fast-paced decision-making environment
- We work in a cool loft (old factory) office in Potsdam, close to the University / HPI software institute and direct S-Bahn connection, you have access to free fruit, drinks and a lot of fun.
- And the best: You can help thousands of passengers every day to fight against unfair treatment by the airlines.