Senior Manager for Deep Learning Center of Excellence Job // SAP SE
SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Innovation Center Network (ICN) is a strategic innovation entity within SAP, combining software engineering excellence with thought leadership and entrepreneurial spirit. We pioneer game-changing solutions in close collaboration with SAP units, customers, partners & startups. By exploring unconventional ideas and developing inspiring proofs of concepts, we push the state-of-the-art in computer science and its applied fields to provide SAP with foresight into future trends.
Within ICN, the Machine Learning unit aims to make all business applications intelligent. We build out new lighthouse applications for machine learning, bring machine learning into existing applications, and empower all of SAP, customers and partners with ML services on SAP’s cloud platform.
As a Senior Manager for Deep Learning, you will be responsible for building SAPs Deep Learning Center of Excellence and making it operational. The Deep Learning CoE’s mission is to build business services powered by deep learning, which can be embedded in SAP products to eventually make all business applications intelligent. For this, you need to turn a long list of business challenges first into a prioritized plan, and then into impactful, scalable production APIs on SAP’s cloud platform. You will report into SAP’s head of machine learning.
YOUR TASKS INCLUDE:
- Build a high-profile team including deep learning experts, developers and data annotators
- Assess feasibility of dozens to hundreds of proposed deep learning use cases across SAP
(collaborating with our business development & strategy teams who assess attractiveness & viability)
- Build machine learning models solving the business problem for prioritized use cases
- Turn the models into scalable production APIs on SAP’s cloud platform
- Manage stakeholder relationships with consuming product teams across SAP
- Contribute to and help disseminate latest advances in machine learning across SAP
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- PhD in Computer Science related field with strong publication record in deep learning and machine learning (natural language processing preferred, image/video/speech a plus)
- Track record of building impactful products and prototypes
- Strong practical understanding of leading deep learning frameworks
(TensorFlow preferred, CNTK and MxNet a plus)
- Proven ability to handle senior internal stakeholders and customers
- Experience building and leading teams to top performance
- Strong desire to overcome obstacles and make your findings and research benefit SAP’s customers
- Ability and desire to represent SAP’s Machine Learning with superior written and oral communication skills in English; German a plus
Minimum of 5 years of international professional experience in research and/or software development
Berlin, Potsdam or Walldorf, Germany
20 – 40%
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →