Senior PHP Developer // synergist.io
At synergist we design software to make negotiating legal contracts fun and rewarding. We’re making human negotiations machine-readable, creating big data sets of negotiation & behavioural data and extending our reach by integrating with third-party platforms. If we do our job right, our users feel empowered to negotiate contracts and get sh*t done really quickly.
Our small team has spent 2 years (and a lot of love) crafting a a beautifully simple solution to a complex and boring problem: contracts. Now, as we begin to take on more and more users, we need a Senior PHP Developer / Backend Engineer to build the foundation for our technical strategy.
At synergist we believe in responsibility and autonomy. We stand up, SCRUM, eat, build and drink together, doing whatever is necessary to create value for our users (who pay us real money!) and make the work personally rewarding for each and every one of us. Life is too short to not love what you do and who you do it with.
To be super productive you’ll need a background in:
- PHP frameworks (Symfony/Laravel)
- RESTful APIs
- Software engineering best practices (TDD, Continuous Integration).
- Software design best practices (SOLID, Design Patterns).
- Some familiarity with front-end frameworks (such as Angular) would be a bonus
Some things you happen to be awesome at:
- Running development sprints withn a small team
- Making sound architectural decisions to extend our product
- Balancing feature requests from users with internal business needs
- Being able to clearly explain our technical architecture and product vision
- Ping-pong (optional)
You’ve grenerally got experience in:
- 3+ years of PHP backend development
- 2+ years of practicing Agile
- A previous startup
- Making a killer guacomole (optional, but would be a bonus!)
You’ll be working with:
- A well maintained PHP7 project, covered with Unit and Functional
- Continuous Integration
- 10/12 Joel Test score
If you’d like to be part of building an enterprise software company from scratch, make the lives of every person who touches legal contracts just that little bit better and do rewarding work with cool people, get in touch.