Senior PHP Software Engineer – Partnerships // GetYourGuide
With 370+ employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Partner Tech team creates awesome travel products by combining the services of selected partners, such as airlines and hotels, with GetYourGuide’s marketplace of tours and attractions. Allow travelers to book an Eiffel Tower ticket while flying to Paris, or get picked up for a guided bicycle tour straight from their accommodation!
- Work with business and technical stakeholders in an autonomous cross-location team
- Build integrations with our partners in the travel & tourism industry
- Think at scale designing solutions that meet the needs of each partner
- Touchpoints with many departments and at all levels of our technology stack
- At least 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- High proficiency with PHP, MySQL and modern web standards
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale APIs and websites
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Symfony
- Experience working with external stakeholders
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide!