Senior Python Backend Engineer (UNIX) // SmartRecruiters
SmartRecruiters understands that people are the heart of an organization. That’s why we’ve built our modern Talent Acquisition Platform to help companies hire the best! As the hiring success company, we enjoy a collaborative office environment that’s casual and dog-friendly. We understand that working hard means you should play hard too, that’s why we offer competitive salaries, generous equity, and strong career progression opportunities.
SmartRecruiters has transformed the hiring process by reducing the stress that comes along with attracting, finding, engaging, and hiring new talent. Leading enterprises like IKEA, Visa, Marc Jacobs, and Square have abandoned their outdated Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), for our all-in-one platform. What once started as a freemium product, has now turned into the world’s fastest-growing enterprise solution.
We are now looking for a Python expert to join our Search & Matching team that builds innovative, data-driven recruiting services. You’ll be working closely with our data scientists to create microservices powered by classifiers and machine learning models. You’ll be responsible for implementing and maintaining high-volume pipelines for cleaning and matching HR data. Together with our dedicated DevOps team, you ensure a seamless integration of new services into the existing infrastructure, at enterprise-level service reliability.
As soon as you land at SmartRecruiters, we’ll be relying on your expertise to:
- Create and maintain key backend services that support our AI-powered Recruiting Assistant product
- Create highly scalable, parallelized data pipelines
- Create microservices for exposing classifiers and ML models
- Craft and scale elegant, consistent, message-based APIs
- Take care of continuous integration, test suites
- Build tooling for deployment automation & configuration management
You might be a great fit if you have extensive knowledge and experience with:
- Distributed systems, Network engineering
- AWS or similar cloud services platforms
- Data layer technologies (SQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis)
- Test engineering & test-driven development
- Micro-services architecture using Docker
- Enterprise software SLAs
- Meeting defined reliability & performance requirements
Bonus points for experience or interest in:
- Web application development (e.g. Django)
- Hadoop and Spark
- Machine learning, Big Data
- Jira, Github
- Data warehousing, Data pipelines
You will join us during arguably the most interesting stage of our company. This is an opportunity for you to take on full ownership of a key area and bring it to life. We’re an international team with members from Germany, USA, Sweden, Spain, Italy, Canada, Greece, France, Poland and Colombia. Our beautiful office is right next to Hackescher Markt.
- Contract: Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Starting Date: ASAP
- Location: Berlin Mitte
- Equity: yes
- Salary: Based on experience
- Remote work possible: No
Please note: this position is available for EU work permit holders only.
We are a fast growing, series C funded ($30M from Insight) start-up on a mission to IPO. If you’re looking to surround yourself with bright and passionate individuals that drive you to be your best – you’ve found the right place! Our transparent and entrepreneurial environment allows you to feel supported, grow your career, and have fun along the way. Everyone is encouraged to be the CEO of their job. This empowers individuals to own their role and have the confidence to explore and implement new ideas. SmartRecruiters believes in promotion from within, so high performance leads to upward mobility.