Python Engineer, Marketing Technology // GetYourGuide
We are looking for a motivated Python Engineer to help develop the next generation of our in-house systems in the realm of Search Engine Marketing (SEM). You will work as part of a cross-functional mission team with top-notch developers, analysts and data scientists as co-workers. Dig into tons of data, develop innovative solutions and take our marketing systems to new heights!
With 370+ employees from 50 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Marketing Technology team is responsible for developing the tools and systems that drive our efforts in Search Engine Marketing (SEM). We aim to be at the cutting edge of ad technology developing systems to automate ad creation, campaign management and bid optimization. With touch points across all departments we manage 10s of millions of ads on the Google AdWords platform and solve problems at scale.
- Immerse yourself in our Marketing and Technology stack
- Partner with our business and technical teams to deliver innovative solutions
- Review ongoing SEM efforts, identify opportunities and explore new areas
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Continuously improve our system architecture and code base
- Minimum 2+ years of software development experience
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Highly proficient in Python coding, related best practices and libraries
- Good understanding of SQL including complex queries and optimization
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data drive decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with large scale data processing using Apache Spark
- Experience developing against the Google AdWords API
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide!