(Senior) Quality Assurance Engineer // 3T Software Labs
(Senior) Quality Assurance Engineer – Studio 3T for MongoDB
3T is a fast growing, successful start-up based in Berlin. We have gone from strength to strength over the last five years and continue to grow. Our product suite includes the hugely popular professional IDE – Studio 3T for MongoDB (previously known as ‘MongoChef’) and the well known MongoDB GUI – Robo 3T (previously known as ‘Robomongo’). We are the leading provider of developer tools for MongoDB professionals.
Our mission is simple: to build the finest NoSQL tools available – simply by developers, for developers! We are rapidly expanding our quality assurance team and have new Senior Quality Assurance Engineer and Quality Assurance Engineer positions available. We are a long way from done, with several new, exciting projects beginning. This is a great time to join us on our mission, and be part of this exciting new team!
What you will do
As a quality assurance engineer working on our developer tools, you will be involved throughout the full development cycle, including:
- Performing acceptance, exploratory and regression testing among others, where necessary
- Providing valuable input regarding matters such as QoL, possible risks and optimising backlog
- Potentially automating tests where possible
- Working with a friendly team that will help you get up to speed
- Become a proper MongoDB expert with deep insights into how MongoDB works
The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin offices.
First and foremost, you are a passionate tester and it’s in your character. You love breaking software and you have a very critical eye. If something seems off or not working, you can’t feel good until it’s addressed. You are of course a self-starter, and aren’t afraid to be social – opinionated deep-dives and the occasional burger-and-beer evening out is all part of the great camaraderie of the team.
Things happen fast in a start-up, so we really only ask for one thing:
- At least 2 years experience in testing modern software
Extra credit if you have any of the following:
- ISTQB/CAT certification
- Experience in working as part of a development team, together with product managers, developers and other roles
- Some coding experience and are interested in becoming more deeply involved in the development process
- Familiarity with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Worked with SQL databases
- Experience in cross-OS testing
As our team is from all over the world, you should be able to converse fluently in our office language – English. You do not need to know any German.
We value experience greatly over any formal qualifications. Can you show us you have the talent and mindset for the job? Great, we want to hear from you!
What we offer
- Very competitive salary
- Responsibility and impact: Your work will have a major impact on the product and your opinions and ideas will be greatly appreciated (and requested!) at every step of the way
- Flexibility: We offer very flexible work hours. Your cat is sick? Working from home goes without saying
- Great environment: We have a great team with a great sense of humour (although, who wouldn’t say that about themselves, actually?) and we are based in the heart of Berlin – one of the most bustling and exciting cities in Europe.
- Participation in technology conferences, workshops, meetups and user-groups.
Contact us now
If this sounds good to you, drop us a brief covering letter / CV / links to things you would like to share or other open work at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you.