Senior Ruby backend developer for health and fitness API backend // Pixformance
- Our Smart Trainers are used daily in thousands of fitness clubs around the world.
- Millions of exercises are run daily on our platform.
- We develop both hardware and software in-house.
Come work with us on our exciting hardware / software mix of Smart Trainer fitness and health.
- Be part of the team managing our Backend APIs, which power our Smart Trainers, as well as our web platforms.
- Be a key factor in choosing the tools and technologies we use.
- Work closely together with our CTO and the rest of our teams on improving all parts of our product.
- Improve our software algorithms and keeping our technical debt low.
- Develop and test new feature together with our colleagues.
- Ensure that our Pixformance platform runs quickly and reliably, even under heavy load.
- You have many years of experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- You have excellent analytical skills.
- You have excellent knowledge of SOA and MVC architectures.
- You have an agile mind-set and think testing and CI are core to developing.
- You are fluent in Ruby, and very interested in how to best structure code.
- You have experience building RESTful APIs with JSON.
- You have experience in structuring and dealing with relational databases.
- You speak English fluently.
- You are eager to learn new things, and apply yourself to your work.
What we offer:
- A unique challenge. We are developing both sides of a very exciting hardware / software mix.
- Keeping technical debt down is a priority for us. Our backend code is sleek-(ish). We want to you to help us with this.
- Our product is fitness. We are our own customers. Use our Smart Trainers to work out on company time.
- We have a strong business model. This allows us more time to develop our features than other Berlin startups “chasing the business”
- You will be part of a small team, with lots of freedom and responsibility.
- We take your career seriously. Your success is our success. We help you develop you skills towards your goals.
- Internal and external training, as well as conference visits.
- Insights into our business strategy and the chance to shape Pixformance with your ideas.
- Choose your own hardware.
- All the ususal Berlin startup perks: (fruit, bottled water, coffee)
- Working out on company time. See above.
- Late standup. No need to come in red-eyed.
- Home office. Of course home office, within reason, is also possible for us.
- Flexible office hours. We get shit done. We do not care much when we do it.
- Flexible vacation. As above: As long as we get shit done, we are not strict on vacation time.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →