Senior Ruby Developer // Mietright
We believe that access to justice for regular people is crucial for a healthy society and contributes to the greater good of all. At Mietright we are democratising law by enforcing consumer rights with the click of a mouse button and we want you to be part of that movement.
We are spearheading the legal tech revolution by building a truly universal AI-assisted Justice-as-a-Service (JAAS) platform to enforce consumer rights across jurisdictions and areas of law. We have just launched several products in the rental space at wenigermiete.de. We’re helping thousands of tenants to protect themselves against unlawful rental prices across Germany. It is our vision to build a diverse and engaged team across legal and technical disciplines to enable delightful customer experiences while we expand to cover more verticals.
We are currently looking to hire a talented Senior Ruby Developer to join our team and help us build, maintain and expand our legal service platform. In this role you will work closely with the Product team and enable them to optimise customer interactions.
You will lead the effort to model, build and automate complicated business processes in the legal space. You will, together with the team, be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of features and our expanding infrastructure. We expect you will share and apply your knowledge and experience of building scalable web applications with the engineering team.
Our platform is built mainly on Ruby on Rails with a sprinkle of React. We are currently hosted on Heroku and are using Codeship to run tests and power deployment. We practice continuous integration and deploy several times a day from master. Pull requests get peer reviewed before merge.
As part of the product and engineering team you will
- assess, design and implement consumer facing product features,
- develop and implement business processes and drive the automation of our services,
- coach and support your peers as the team grows,
- great communicator and fluent in English. German proficiency is a plus,
- experienced in building and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications,
- interested in the finer details of the application of German law,
- familiar with terms such as TDD, continuous integration, design patterns and more,
- demonstrating attention to detail in your daily work, with a focus on clarity, simplicity and quality,
- willing to teach and willing to learn.
If you also have
- several years experience in building maintainable and scalable web applications with Ruby,
- experience with technologies commonly associated with the development and deployment of modern web applications, such as Git, CI, PostgreSQL or Heroku, rspec,
- no problem with living and working in Berlin, Germany,
… then we would love to talk to you!
We offer you
- a meaningful “David vs Goliath” professional purpose (fighting for the poor and underprivileged),
- an awesome working environment (garden access) in Berlin’s hippest hood (Kreuzberg/Paul-Lincke-Ufer) where all the cool start-ups are located,
- state-of-the art equipment including noise cancelling headphones,
- competitive salary including stock options
If all of this sounds like you, we believe that you will have a great time working with us at Mietright and we can’t wait to hear from you. Tell us your story. Along with your cover letter, we would appreciate if you could include an example of your previous work, or maybe show off your pet project or open source contributions. (We understand that time and social or work commitments may prevent you from being able to disclose large segments of code, that’s fine. What’s a class, or even a single method, that you wrote that you are proud of, and why?)