Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f) // Helpling
Helpling is currently looking for an experienced Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f) to support our IT team in Berlin.
We at Helpling love helping people to find the cleaner they want. On our website or app, you can outsource the time-consuming housework within a couple of clicks. For cleaners, our technology platform makes it easier than ever to access new clients and to manage when and where they want to work. For our vision to digitize the world of home services, we have raised more than 56 million Euros from renowned internet pioneers such as Lakestar (Airbnb, Facebook, Spotify) and Mangrove Capital (Skype). Today, we are already a team of 300 and two thirds of us are based at our headquarters in the vibrant heart of Berlin. If you want to make a difference and help changing a whole industry, then Helpling is the right place for you.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer (m/f) to enhance the technical architecture behind the scenes.
How we work
Our application is build on top of Ruby on Rails framework using PostgreSQL database. We use Redis and Memcache as well, and Sidekiq as a queue system. We have integration with Stripe, Adyen, Nexmo and Twilio.
We have a strong agile culture, where some of the teams uses Scrum or Kanban.
We believe that testing should be part of the implementation and not something to (rarely) do later. We do TDD with Rspec for Unit and Integration test and we use Capybara for feature tests.
We develop on a fully reproducible environment using Vagrant and provisioned by SaltStack that we can completely create from the scratch in less than 10 minutes.
We deploy several times a day to Heroku and AWS through a continuous Integration pipeline with Snap-ci and Jenkins.
Who we are looking for
- We are looking for a dedicated Ruby on Rails Developer with 4+ years of work experience to join our IT team in Berlin
- You will design, develop and test complex web applications and lead the implementation of technically challenging projects
- We expect you to participate actively in our prioritization meetings to define how we build features from the idea through to realization
- You should be comfortable working autonomously as well as in a team and share your specialized knowledge
- You will be a sparring partner for our PM’s and develop ideas for technical and structural improvements
- This role is particularly suited to someone who wants to take responsibility and contribute with own knowledge and expertise
What we offer
- Helpling is one of the most exciting start-ups in the heart of Berlin with a disruptive product and well backed by investors of international renown
- You will work in an international team with flat hierarchies and short communication channels in which your work can have a real impact for Helpling everyday
- We support your personal and professional development with challenging projects and a personal conference budget
- Free drinks, fruits and cereals, office parties, team events, BBQs, kicker & table tennis
If you consider yourself ready for this challenging opportunity and your technical knowledge matches the described environment, we are looking forward to receive your convincing application in English (resume, cover letter, references and certificates) including your availability and salary expectations.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →