Senior Ruby-on-Rails Developer (m/f) in Berlin // Offerista Group
What we have to offer:
- The opportunity to shape the core of our highly successful mobile service. Millions of consumers will be using the features you develop!
- Professional and international colleagues who are passionate about improving the product experience of our apps
- A rather relaxed work environment where code quality and solid architecture come before rushed deadlines
- You are involved in the overall architecture planning of our backend services for the apps barcoo and Marktjagd
- You implement features in a pair programming setup and decide where it makes sense to take a step back to refactor or introduce new tooling
- You work closely with Product Management on architecture concepts for new features and share your experience in constant pair programming with other developers
- Additionally you evaluate and – where applicable – introduce new state-of-the-art technologies to our software stack both for user-facing systems as well as for the accompanying areas of deployment and testing
- You have extremely good knowledge of one or more MVC/MVVM web programming frameworks on the server side (Rails, Django, node Express, Zend, Symfony2 etc.) as well as with the operating procedures of a high traffic website.
- You know your way around Amazon Web Services and accompanying devops technologies (we are using Terraform & Ansible)
- You are eager to take on responsibility for development projects and technology decisions.
- You have a solution focused attitude and are interested in modern software architecture.
- You are a team player and able to both bring up your own ideas as well as to listen to those of others.
- You are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them, continually growing yourself from sprint to sprint.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →