Senior Scala Engineer (m/f) for a new Cyber Security venture at FinLeap // FinLeap
Would you be interested to work in the areas of cyber security and insurance? We are a new venture launched by FinLeap, a FinTech company builder based in Berlin. We want to tap into the underserved demand for the quickly growing sector of information security and insurance for small and medium businesses, starting in Germany and going global.
As a Senior Scala Engineer (m/f) you will be responsible for building our backend API and data pipelines later on. You’ll have an opportunity to decide on our technical stack and define and shape our product from scratch.
What we would like to see in you:
- Very good knowledge of Scala and Java.
- Experience with Web frameworks such as Play Framework, Akka HTTP, http4s, Spring Boot, etc.
- Expertise in building APIs, understanding HTTP protocol, REST principles, ideally familiar with GraphQL.
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases. We use Postgres, and will look further at Cassandra.
- Experience in applying solid engineering: unit and integration testing, writing clean maintainable code, caching, CI/CD, monitoring.
- Ideally, you worked with building and maintaining data pipelines, streaming with tools like Kafka, Spark, Google Protobuf, Message Queues.
- Functional Programming experience is desirable.
- Growth mindset, open to new challenges.
- Great communication skills.
- University degree in computer science, mathematics or other technical field is preferred.
What you can expect from us:
- We will listen to you and respect your opinion on both engineering and processes, we value feedbacks.
- We are agile in a genuine sense of it, being holistic and humane in the way we approach our work.
- We are building a culture of deep uninterrupted work, where you can focus on improving your craftsmanship and achieve results you will be proud of.
- We love solid engineering, independent thinking, being on the edge of science and technology, questioning existing state of things.
- Competitive salary.
- We recognise and respect both side of software development:
- being a hacker, building prototypes, and moving quickly,
- being a pragmatic craftsman, keeping code clean, maintainable, and well-tested.
We also have other bonuses like learning and conferences budget, books, online-courses, meetups, deep dive sessions with the whole team about different areas of our company, German classes, coffee and biscuits.
We respect diversity and inclusiveness. We welcome people from various backgrounds, with diverse ideas and styles, different ways of thinking and working.
Please, apply online with your LinkedIn profile or CV.
We look forward to meeting you!
Tom, from the Recruiting Team.