Senior Server Developer // Feingold Technologies / Sharecare
For our rapidly growing R&D Center in Berlin Mitte we are looking for a Senior Server Developer.
Area of responsibility
The Senior Server Developer will be responsible for programming our Java server platform.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Implement business logic and algorithms that require creative caching strategies
- Be knowledgeable about server architecture and infrastructure
- Carry out code quality reviews, profiling, stress tests, and unit tests
- Troubleshoot downtime and high-scale performance issues
- Support systems integration, monitoring and stability
- Document important processes and knowledge
- At least 4 years experience developing servers
- Strong experience developing Java server platforms
- Fluent in English
- Autodidact and a fast learner
- OOP methodologies and web technologies expert
Knowledge and Experience
- Good experience in development infrastructure for scalable systems
- Strong experience of using Java 8
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch and MongoDB
- Experience with messaging systems, such as RabbitMQ, and distributed cache systems, such as Redis
- Experience using IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Jenkins, Unix, Bash, Spring, JUnit, JMeter, Maven, and Gradle
- Strong knowledge of OOP, REST and Microservices
- Knowledge of Git and version control, as well as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with open source libraries
- Knowledge of AWS, EC2, ELB, S3, and ElastiCache
- Experience with writing unit tests and technical documentation
- Familiarity with native mobile development (iOS/Android) and Web front-end development (HTML5) would be a bonus
- Some knowledge of .NET, C#, WCF, and ASP.NET MVC, as well as software modeling techniques, would be advantageous.
Sharecare’s Innovation Technology & Products Center in Berlin is a production grade R&D organization. We develop the future of behavioral analysis technologies and health-related systems for the purpose of creating a world-class intelligent healthcare platform that anyone can use.
Some of our award winning developments include technologies for detecting stress and emotions from voice and text. Our customers use these technologies to understand their relationships with their social circles and how these relationships affect their well-being, which in turn helps us to understand the collective health of large populations. We are currently enriching these technologies with the latest in machine learning, sensors and medical research.
We are ambitious and proactive. And for us it’s not just about technology. It’s about creativity and craft.
We are an organically grown collective, friends of friends of friends, and most have a secondary discipline – namely, music – that we take very seriously.
What we can offer you
- Be part of a dynamic, international and talented team
- The opportunity to get deeply involved in the research and development of our products
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, cross-team collaborations and short and open channels of communication
- The chance to learn and grow with regular in-office tech training sessions and participation in conferences
- Snacks and drinks available in our office kitchen.
Please send us your CV, references and earliest possible starting date, preferably via email to email@example.com. Postal applications should be sent to Feingold Technologies GmbH, Human Resources, Münzstraße 19, 10178 Berlin. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →