3T is a fast growing, successful start-up based in Berlin. We have gone from strength to strength over the last four years and continue to grow. Our product suite includes the hugely popular professional IDE – Studio 3T for MongoDB (previously known as ‘MongoChef’) and the well known MongoDB GUI – Robo 3T (previously known as ‘Robomongo’). We are the leading provider of developer tools for MongoDB professionals.
Our mission is simple: to build the finest NoSQL tools available – simply by developers, for developers! We are rapidly expanding our development team and have several new Software Developer and Senior Software Developer positions available. We are a long way from done, with several new, exciting projects beginning. This is a great time to join us on our mission, and be part of this exciting new team!
What you will do
- As a software developer working on our developer tools, you will be involved in the full development cycle, including:
- Identifying, designing and implementing new database-focussed features and tools
- Evaluating their effectiveness and reintegrating that into the design
- Developing accompanying unit tests and contributing to the design of effective manual tests
- Working with a friendly team that will help you get up to speed
- Become a proper MongoDB expert with deep insights into how MongoDB works
- The position is full time and will be based in our Berlin offices.
First and foremost, you are a passionate software developer. You take pride in producing elegant, performant code and ensuring its correctness. You simply love coding – for you, it is both a craft and an art. You are of course a self-starter, and aren’t afraid to be social – opinionated deep-dives and the occasional burger-and-beer evening out is all part of the great camaraderie of the team.
Things happen fast and change often in a start-up in the MongoDB/NoSQL space, so we really ask for one thing only:
Extra credit if you already have experience with, or a strong interest in, any one of:
- MongoDB, CosmoDB, Couchbase or Elasticsearch
- SQL databases, such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Server-side development
- Full front-end development
- Programming languages and/or programming language processing
- GUI design
As our team is from all over the world, you should be able to converse fluently in our office language – English. You do not need to know any German.
We value experience greatly over any formal qualifications. You actually know how to code and you can show it? Great, we want to hear from you!
What we offer
- Very competitive salary
- Responsibility and impact: Your work will have a major impact on the product and your opinions and ideas will be greatly appreciated (and requested!) at every step of the way
- Flexibility: We offer very flexible work hours. Your cat is sick? Working from home goes without saying
- Great environment: We have a great team with a great sense of humour (although, who wouldn’t say that about themselves, actually?) and we are based in the heart of Berlin – one of the most bustling and exciting cities in Europe
- Participation in technology conferences, workshops, meetups and user-groups
Contact us now
Drop us a brief covering letter / CV / links to GitHub or other open work at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you.