Senior Software Developer // Tourlane
Tourlane creates unique adventures and authentic travel experience to the most fabulous destinations in the world (universe?). We combine the first-hand human experience of a travel agency with the simplicity of an online product.
Our product matches travellers with pre-selected travel specialists, making the booking of individual trips smart, fast and easy. Next to our main site we launched our first in-house tour operators: Tourlane Africa, Tourlane Downunder and Tourlane Latin America.
We are striving to become the leading tech company in individual tourism and are supported by VCs such as Holtzbrinck Ventures, DN Captial and Spark Capital and Business Angels such as Nate Blecharczyk (Airbnb) and Johannes Reck (Getyourguide).
This is the stack to make it happen:
- Backend and Frontend apps with Ruby w/o Rails and Angular/React
- AWS with ECS managed by terraform
- Continuous delivery through Jenkins
- A kafka with several producers collecting data from every single part of the company
- AI (e.g. Amazon Machine Learning)
- Several microservices that offer machine learning insights to the different apps
- Each app (mostly ruby/rails) has a portal for B2B, B2C and CMS
- Automation and optimization of all marketing campaigns
What we expect from you:
- You understood the previous paragraph :-P, and already have ideas to improve our plan, or you simply want to be part of it
- You gained at least six years professional experience in software development (e.g. with Ruby/Rails, AWS and frontend technologies)
- You are very passionate about software, curious, and eager to learn
- You are confident enough to run and be responsible of production services
- You believe in a healthy balance between delivering business value, and experimentation/playing
More reasons to join our journey:
- Our startup is making money from day one
- Founders who understand the importance of tech and developer needs
- Nothing is set in stone yet, your input will have a huge impact
- Team up with excellent co-workers with background in companies such as Airbnb, Wooga, Rocket Internet, Helpling, Dubsmash and many more
- We believe in a small but excellent team
- The opportunity to shape the future of adventure and individual trips
Plus the baseline for Berlin startups:
- Very open and transparent company culture with a fast and agile development cycle
- An attractive compensation package
- Conference and educational budget
- Fresh fruit, müsli, drinks, coffee circle, two DJs in the team –> amazing team events
- Free of choice dev-environment
We are excited to get to know you!