Senior Software Engineer (Java) // SnapEngage
What You’ll Do
At SnapEngage, our live chat and customer engagement platform handles millions of requests each day. We rely on the deep technical knowledge of our engineering team to maintain and deliver solutions to the highest standard. As a Senior Software Engineer at SnapEngage, you will work with an agile and passionate team to develop new, exciting features and scalable code.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop new, innovative, scalable solutions and APIs; capable of receiving millions of requests per day.
- Build new features for our customer admin dashboard and chat portal.
- Extend our analytics and real time event streaming platform.
- Maintain and improve existing product functionality, including real time web services, using Java servlets on Google AppEngine.
- Maintain and develop new integrations with external Customer Relationship Management tools (CRMs) and Help Desks (REST, JSON, XML).
- Be a mentor to other engineers, participating in code reviews, pair programming, etc.
- Occasionally take on Scrum Master responsibilities, such as running stand ups and participating in feature planning sessions.
- Research new technologies and methodologies and contribute ideas to improve our products, services, and workflow.
- Be a force for good and positively contribute to the culture.
- Take on other tasks as needed to support a strong, collaborative engineering team.
- Authorization to work in Berlin, Germany.
- 4+ years’ experience in Java programming.
- 3+ years’ experience developing large scale web applications.
- Appreciation for and the ability to write clean, efficient, and testable code.
- The ability to function and communicate effectively in an English speaking environment.
- Familiarity with Google AppEngine and Google Web Toolkit (GWT).
- A relentless positive attitude and a team mentality.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) in an Agile environment.
Why Work Here
- Two, optional work-from-home days for the entire team: Mondays and Fridays
- International travel opportunities, including a yearly, team retreat
- Company-sponsored educational and growth opportunities
- Open book management and a leadership team that cares
- Wellness, rewards, and give-back programs
- Weekly, in-office German class
Who We Are
Born of the TechStars program in Boulder, CO, SnapEngage is self-funded, profitable, and deeply committed to providing a unique and exceptional employee and client experience. With offices in Boulder, Colorado and Berlin, Germany, and sporting employees from several different nations, we pride ourselves in being a diverse, transparent, and balanced workplace.
SnapEngage is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.