Senior Software Engineer (PHP), Full-stack (m/f) // ResearchGate
We’re looking for skilled senior software engineers who care about efficiency and maintainable software. Our challenges include scaling to respond rapidly and servicing our millions of users while consistently providing them with complex data. We strive to create a fast yet reliable platform enabling our developers to continuously ship updates.
- Design systems for easy integration and reuse
- Coordinate with our product engineers to deliver scalable solutions
- Develop, implement, optimize, and maintain the services powering our platform
- Take responsibility for your own solutions and continuously improve on them
- Experience developing using PHP and related tools such as Composer
- Expert knowledge of storage systems such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Expert knowledge in building and maintaining scalable web applications
- Knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Solid experience in testing applications using tools such as PHPUnit and Behat
- Previous experience working with Symfony Components and creating console applications is a plus
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
- You excel at engineering maintainable, efficient, and scalable software
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are constantly optimized to meet the needs of our users – 12+ million researchers worldwide.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to email@example.com. You will be hearing from us soon!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →