Server Developer // Feingold Technologies
Sharecare’s Innovation Technology & Products Center in Berlin is a production grade R&D organization. We develop the future of behavioral analysis technologies and health-related systems for the purpose of creating a world-class intelligent healthcare platform that anyone can use.
Some of our award winning developments include technologies for detecting stress and emotions from voice and text. Our customers use these technologies to understand their relationships with their social circles and how these relationships affect their well-being, which in turn helps us to understand the collective health of large populations. We are currently enriching these technologies with the latest in machine learning, sensors and medical research.
We are ambitious and proactive. And for us it’s not just about technology. It’s about creativity and craft.
We are an organically grown collective, friends of friends of friends, and most have a secondary discipline – namely, music – that we take very seriously.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design and develop backend services as part of cross-functional feature teams
- Provide scalable, testable and valuable SW solutions
- Define APIs
- Integrate with other teams’ services
- Ensure quality, implementing unit and integration tests
- Be the service owner through its entire life-cycle
- Continuously innovate to achieve valuable improvements
- Write relevant documents and training programs
- Contribute to the backend infrastructure project and be a significant voice in the backend team
- At least 4 years in backend development in OOP languages
- Autodidact and a fast learner
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Eligibility to work in Germany would be advantageous
Knowledge and experience
- Experience in Java
- Good understanding of DBs, especially non-sql DBs
- Knowledge in SW management tools and processes. i.e: Git, Jira
- Knowledge in AWS services, especially: S3, ElasticCache, EC2
- Knowledge of messaging architectures. i.e: Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience with micro-services architecture would be advantageous
- Experience with mongoDB, ElasticSearch would be advantageous
- Experience with Java 8, Spring-boot framework would be advantageous.
What we can offer you
- Be part of a dynamic, international and talented team
- The opportunity to get deeply involved in the research and development of our products
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, cross-team collaborations and short and open channels of communication
- The chance to learn and grow with regular in-office tech training sessions and participation in conferences
- A generous perks and benefits program for all employees.