Server Team Lead // Feingold Technologies
For our rapidly growing R&D Center in Berlin Mitte we are looking for a Server Team Lead.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Own and improve the Server infrastructure and be the service owner through the Server’s entire life-cycle
- Define the strategy in the Server team and make sure that company goals are met
- Act as a point of contact for every Server related issue
- Take a leading role in sprints and release plans
- Set priorities in accordance with the roadmap and business requirements
- Provide scalable, testable, and valuable Server solutions
- Define APIs
- Ensure quality by implementing unit and integration tests
- Continuously innovate to achieve valuable improvements
- Integrate with other teams’ services
- Contribute to the backend infrastructure project and be a significant voice in the backend team
- Design and develop backend services as part of cross-functional feature teams
- Coordinate Server teams worldwide for the Sharecare platform
- Manage team resources to ensure maximum efficiency
- Manage risks for plans and deployments
- Document Server processes and matters
- Mentor and train Server team members, assess their performance, and plan training programs
- Assess Server candidates for HR recruitment
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related area
- At least 3 years of experience of successful leadership of a backend team
- At least 5 years of experience in professional software development in OOP languages with backend and frontend development teams working on complex development projects
- Fluent in English
- Eligibility to work in Germany would be advantageous
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven knowledge of software development lifecycles and industry best practices, designing and developing complex, scalable servers in Java
- In-depth knowledge of database architecture, architecture constructs, REST, scalability, performance and tuning
- Willingness to take initiative and solve critical problems constructively and professionally
- Ability to size technical efforts accurately, work in a fast paced, pressured environment with tight deadlines and multiple releases per sprint
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams on DevOps responsibilities for application deployment, performance, monitoring, reliability, and scalability
- Preferred experience with Docker, configuration management systems such as Ansible or similar grid computing technologies, CI build tools such as Jenkins, and logging and monitoring tools like DataDog and Prometeus
- Knowledge of Linux stack, source version control software (Subversion, Git) and comfort with Bash commands
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams to diagnose and debug complex systems and participate in investigating build, deployment, and operational issues
- Ability to work well with other team members in creative and technical positions, and also with stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills, resulting in inspiring team members and forging of trusting relationships within a diverse team and across the organization.
Feingold Technologies GmbH, Sharecare\’s Innovation Technology & Products Center in Berlin, is a production grade R&D organization. We develop the future of human behavior technologies and health related systems for the purpose of creating a world class intelligent healthcare platform that anyone can use.
Some of our award winning developments include technologies for detecting stress and emotions from voice and text. We have used these technologies to understand our users’ relationships with their social circles and how these relationships affect their well being, leading us to understand the collective health of large populations.
We are now extending these technologies with the latest in machine learning, sensors and medical research.
Our team has been growing organically, from a collective of friends of friends to a dynamic, multi-skilled, international team of developers and engineers with a great passion for the latest technologies, AI systems, professional but flexible IT solutions.
We are ambitious, proactive, hands-on and result-oriented. For us it’s not just about technology, but also creativity and craft.
What we can offer you
- Be part of a dynamic, international and talented team
- The opportunity to get deeply involved in the research and development of our products
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, cross-team collaborations, short and open channels of communication
- The chance to learn and grow with regular in-office tech training sessions and participation in conferences
- A generous perks and benefits program for all employees.