Site Reliability Engineer // AMBOSS
You deeply care for the development of modern infrastructure and treat it as software? With your enthusiasm, you get developers interested in seeing infrastructure as an opportunity instead of a chore? Do you want to use your skills as a Site Reliability Engineer for the improvement of the world? Then you are in the right place here at AMBOSS! Join us as Site Reliability Engineer and together we can make amazing things happen.
AMBOSS was founded by medical students and physicians who had difficulties finding the right information when they needed it. Our mission? Making medical knowledge accessible around the globe. Join us and help healthcare professionals so they can deliver the best medical care their patients deserve.
As Site Reliability Engineer at AMBOSS, your work will directly impact how we develop, ship and scale our products. You’ll do this by:
- Designing, building and continually improving our scalable and stable automated server infrastructure
- Taking full advantage of our AWS environment
- Supporting and improving our product development teams to optimize their delivery, development, testing and infrastructural workflows
- Ensuring our infrastructure stack is continuously evolving with the latest developments
- Making sure we stay at the technological edge without compromising security or performance
A Site Reliability Engineer at AMBOSS needs to get excited about deploying, running and monitoring web applications. The following qualifications will strongly improve your application with us:
- You bring several years of experience in deploying, running and monitoring web applications
- You have a great understanding of cloud integration and cloud services on the AWS platform and automation of infrastructure and deployments (e.g. Jenkins, Terraform, Chef, Docker)
- You have strong experience with routine configuration and deployment of web applications, ideally with NodeJS, PHP, Nginx, Python, and both relational and NoSQL databases
- You are knowledgeable in securing, monitoring and scaling highly available and distributed systems
- You bring the highest demands for security, performance and runtime stability with
- It is a great plus if you have experience running big data infrastructure, real-time pipelines (e.g. Redis, Kafka, Spark), and mobile CI pipelines (iOs, Android)
- It’s a great plus if you have fun with statistical analysis, testing automation, penetration testing, and/or experience with the PHP framework Symfony
- You have mastered the English language and you can freely discuss your ideas in an agile work environment
Besides the chance to work on a product that positively impacts health and wellbeing across the world, AMBOSS offers a nice mixture of family feel and professionalism where you can:
- Join one of our courses or trainings – English & German classes, sports class, Yoga
- Cook a meal in our fully stocked kitchen, or better join a home cooked lunch from our chef
- Meet colleagues at our Italian espresso machine for a friendly talk
- Enjoy the sun from one of our many balconies
- Stay healthy with our sponsored Urban Sports membership
- Maintain a work-life balance; we gladly help you with home office and flexible work hours
So, to round it off, are you looking for a place where you can bring your professionalism to a team of dedicated people while working in a feedback driven, agile and people first work environment? Then apply today!
If you need any more information or help please don’t hesitate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Alexander Kootstra loves to hear from you.